Paper Industry Operatine in Network: an Experiment for Emas Revision
Programme LIFE 2007-2013
The project PIONEER, moving from Emas Regulation (to which the organizations like enterprises, public entities, etc.. can voluntarily participate to evaluate and improve their own environmental performances) aims to apply it at the local Paper Industry, with a cooperative and integrated approach, tending to involve all the stakeholders into actions oriented to improve the environmental performances on the territory.
PIONEER uses the framework defined by EMAS regulation as a base of its application at territorial level; the integrated approach proposed by PIONEER project represents the base for a revision proposal of EMAS regulation, referring to the possibility of giving an environmental recognition to entities represented by homogeneous productive areas.
Province of Lucca
- Istituto di Economia delle Fonti di Energia (IEFE) – Università Bocconi, Milano
- Scuola Superiore di Studi Universitari S. Anna, Pisa
- Camera di Commercio, Industria, Arte ed Artigianato di Lucca
- Associazione Industriali di Lucca
- Comune di Pescia
- SCA Packaging, Porcari (Lucca)
- Delicata Sofidel (Lucca)
Duration: 28 Months (November 2003 – February 2006)
Budget: € 1.224.382,00